Monday 29 April 2013

An End to the Coffee Table Saga!

Anyone who has been following my blog for the last year will know that I have been doggedly hunting down a coffee table to replace the 'black laminate crime against interior design' that was supplied with our apartment. I've been to Chor Bazaar (several times), I've been to Oshiwara furniture market, and I've been to every single antiques shop in Mumbai. Well the hunt is OVER!

Just before I went back to the UK, we finally found something that would do at Moorthy's - the antique emporium in Tardeo.  It was actually delivered the night before I flew to London so I was not able to properly appreciate it until now.  In fact, within twelve hours of arriving back in Bombay last Friday, I decided I was no longer satisfied with the existing rug so we took ourselves off to find a new one from Le Mill.  The simple lines of the new rug goes better with the busy carving of the table and I feel that my mission to improve our sitting room is now complete.

I love our new coffee table - although it is a bit 'ethnic'.  It is actually a 200 year old hanging cradle from Gujurat which we then had converted using a piece of glass - but I like the eclectic look.  And of course the rug has a bit of orange in it to blend in with the rest of the stuff in the room.

Anyway, I hope you like it too...I just need to find some nice coffee table books to place on it now - (or as Mr Jules would say..."more things that will collect dust!")


Carved wooden cradle from Gujurat converted into a coffee table.  I like the fact that it has a history.

How it looked when we discovered it in Moorthy's

Mmmmm ...need some coffee table books.  The collection of TV remote controls are not so attractive!


Woollen rug - Jaipur Rug at Le Mill (www.jaipurrugs.com)

Thanks for visiting our home, please come again!


LE MILL
Shop No. 17/25, 
Nandlal Jani Road, 
New Railway Bridge,
Masjid Bunder
Mumbai
www.lemillindia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.